Wayfare

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

TANGY BHUTTA CHAAT (TANGY CORN ON THE COB CHAAT)







This is one of my favorite chaat since my since my school days. In remembrance of those days, I made these yummy and tangy bhuttas(corn on the cob) for me and my family.....


INGREDIENT
Corn On The Cob     3
Tamarind     1/2 cup
Grated Jaggery    1/2 cup
Chaat Masala     1 tsp
Dhaniya Powder     1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder     1 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder
    1 tsp 
Black Salt     1 tsp
Salt     to taste


METHOD
1.   Boil corn on the cob until soft(pressure cook or microwave)
2.   For chutney- make tamarind pulp by boiling tamarind in water and then straining it.
3.   Now take a pan, add tamarind pulp, jaggery, dry ginger powder, black salt, red chilli powder and 1 cup of water.
4.   Cook on medium heat. Once it comes to boil, simmer the fire, cook for 10 min. on low flame.
5.   Remove from fire and cool.
6.   Now take a plate, place boiled corn on the cob. Sprinkle chaat masala, dhaniya powder, red chilli powder and salt. Rub well.
7.   Pour over the chutney.Bhutta Chaat is ready !!

5 comments:

  1. Corn on the cob chaat sounds very interesting to me,perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite, never tried making in home. Looks very yummy. Thank you for sending this healthy and delicious munch to Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete