Wayfare

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GULAB JAMUN


I have been making GULAB JAMUNS for the last 10-12 years with khoya. Today, I thought of making them but I was not having khoya at my place. So, I thought why not I should try it with milk powder. I tried and they came out very good as almost i prepared them earlier. So, I want to share the recipe of gulab jamuns prepared with khoya as well as milk powder.


INGREDIENTS
For The Syrup
Sugar     2 1/2 Cups
Water     2 1/2 Cups
Milk     1 Tbsp
For The Balls    
Khoya/Milk Powder     85 gm/1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour     1/2 cup(75 gm)
Baking Powder
    1/8 tsp
Paneer     170 gm

METHOD

1.    Make sugar syrup.
2.    Mix khoya/milk powder and paneer very well.
3.    Add sieved flour, baking powder. Blend well.

4.    Divide dough into balls.


5.   Fry the balls and soak in syrup for overnight or2-3 hrs..

1 comment:

  1. Delicious...mouth watering!

    www.numerounity.com

    Deeksha, this word captcha n verification is bad idea dear...remove it.

    ReplyDelete