Chutney is a term for a class of spicy preparation used as an accompaniment for a main dish. Without any chutney an Indian meal is incomplete. Mostly i use to prepare green chutney, today morning when I was searching my fridge, suddenly an idea of making tomato chutney came to my mind. I stopped my other workings and decided to try it first.....!!
|Sugar||650 gm(or as per taste)|
|Melon Seeds||1 Tbsp|
|Degi Mirch Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/4 tsp|
1. Add tomatoes in hot boiling water for 3-4 min..
2. When cool, remove the skin.
4. Take a heavy bottom pan, add pureed tomatoes and sugar.
5. Brings to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Cook until thickens the chutney
6. Add salt, red chilli powder and garam masala.
7. Finally add sliced dry dates, raisins and melon seeds.
8. Cool it and transfer into a sterilized glass bottle.9. Serve with bread or parantha.
Sending this recipe to Cooking with Whole foods(Whole Fruits/Whole Vegetables)-TOMATO hosted by Sanyukta at CREATIVE SANYUKTA