I tasted this pickle at my sister's place. It tempts me a lot. Since then I have been craving for it and this was in my mind. Yesterday when I went for my vegetable shopping I saw these Karondas(Natal Plum) and I just longed to buy them. I Googled for the recipe and found it here and finally prepared the pickle.
Red Chilli Powder
1. Wash Karondas very well. Then wipe them with a kitchen napkin. Let them dry for half an hour.
2. Now cut these into halves and discard the seeds.
3. Coarsely grind the mustard and fennel seeds. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, till smoking point. Put off the gas.
5. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, salt and karondas.
6. Now add red chilli powder and mustard fennel powder. Mix very well.
7. Let it cool completely and transfer the pickle in a glass container. Add some more oil to it.
8. Pickle will be ready to consume in one-two days.