Celebrating my 1st Blog Anniversary and also the 100th post with our traditional Indian sweet Shahi Moong Dal Halwa. One year back, I started Dees Kitchen on last Christmas. I am very proud of this milestone. Thank you so much all my readers and blogger friends, and of course my family. It's been a lovable journey for me. I made so many blogger friends and learnt a lot. Here is the recipe of Shahi Moong Dal Halwa...
Moong Dal Paste 1 bowl
Desi Ghee 1 bowl
Mawa/Khoya 1 bowl
Sugar 1/2 bowl
Water 1 bowl
Cinnamon Powder a pinch
Cardamom Powder 1/4 tsp
* Wash and soak dal in water for 3-4 hours.
* Grind the dal without water in grinder to make a very thick past. Grind it little coarsely.
* Heat Ghee in a non stick pan.
* Add dal paste and roast it till light brown in color and a nice aroma came in. Keep stirring continuously.
* It will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
* Meanwhile on the other burner heat sugar and water together. Bring it to a boil. Switch off the fire.
* Add grated mawa to the roasted dal paste. Cook for two to three minutes.
* Now add sugar syrup and mix very well.
* Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes till it thicken. Add cardamom powder, cinnamon powder. and mix.
* Dish it out and garnish with Almonds and pistachio.