This is the first Blog Hop Wednesday of 2012. My first partner of this year is Charul Ajmera. She has a wonderful blog. As first impression is the last impression, her blog has made a space in my heart. I picked Kalakand from her blog. My hubby is a Kalakand lover and his dream of having homemade kalakand has finally come true. Thanks to Charul for this.
It is quick and easy to make recipe and my kalakand came out perfect and delicious. My hubby and children enjoyed a lot.
250 gm Paneer/Cottage Cheese
200 gm Condensed Milk
2 TBSP Milk Powder
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
1 Tsp Pistachio
1 Tsp Saffron strands
* In a plate mash the paneer coarsely. Add milk powder and mix.
* In a heavy bottom pan add condensed milk and mashed paneer.
* Switch on the fire. Cook on medium heat. Stir regularly.
* When the mixture gets thicken and leaves the sides of the pan. Add cardamom powder and switch off the fire.
* Transfer this mixture on to a greased plate. Sprinkle cardamom powder.
* Garnish with saffron threads soaked in water and chopped pistachio.
* Let it cool completely and cut into squares.