1/2 Bowl Urad Chilka(split)
1/2 Bowl Chana Dal(Bengal gram)
2 Tbsp Desi Ghee/Clarified Butter
1 Tsp Mustard Oil
1 Tsp Methi Dana
1/2 Tsp Green Chilly
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
1/2 Bowl Chopped Tomato
1/2 Bowl Chopped Onion
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Jeera(Cumin seeds)
1 Tbsp Chopped Corainder
* Wash and soaked the dals for half an hour.
* Pressure cook the lentils along with turmeric powder, salt and four cups of water. Keep aside.
* To temper the dal heat mustard oil till the smoking point add methi dana (fenugreek seeds) and cook.
* Add ghee, a pinch of hing and jeera. Fry until they splutter.
* Add in chopped onion and garlic. Cook until they turned into light brown.
* Add chopped tomatoes and green chilly. Cook until done.
* Add a pinch of turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala.
* Add boiled dal and mix very well. Cook for two minutes.
* Garnish with fresh green coriander, green chilly and desi ghee and serve with tandoori roti.