Happy BASANT PANCHMI to all my friends. Basant panchmi marks the beginning of the spring season. The fields are mustard yellow with the ripening of crops. Yellow is an auspicious color- a color of spirituality. On this day, as a mark of reverence people prefer to wear yellow and eat yellow sweets. To celebrate this, I prepared this rice pudding.
|Basmati Rice||400 gm|
|Various fruits||1 Bowl(kiwi, papaya/mango, grapes, banana)|
|Almonds||10(blanched and chopped)|
2. To make a paste grind rice in grinder.
3. Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan. When boils add rice paste and simmer the fire.
4. Stirring continuously in order to avoid lumps.
5. Cook until thicken.(Custard like consistency)
6. Add sugar and saffron threads, cook for 2-3 min..
7. Remove from fire.
8. Let it comes to room temperature.
9. Add the pieces of fruits, chopped almonds and raisins).
10. Refrigerate for half an hour.11. Serve chilled