CHUM-CHUM is a delicious sweet. As bread is easily available in everybody's kitchen, I decided to make chum-chums from bread..........
|Maida/Refined Flour||1 Spoon|
|Coconut Powder||2 Spoons|
|Grated Khoya||1/2 Cup|
|Yellow Color||3-4 Drops|
|Rose Essence||3-4 Drops|
|Chopped Almonds & Pistachio||1 tsp|
|Oil||to deep fry|
1. Cut the sides of the bread slices.
2. Now dip the bread slices in the milk and then crush it with fingers.
3. Add suiji and coconut powder, mix very well.
4. Make balls(8-10) out of this mixture and keep aside.
5. Meanwhile add drops of yellow color or kesar threads in grated khoya, almonds, pistachio and mix well and divide it into 8-10 small portions of stuffing.
6. Now take the ball out of the bread mixture, flatten it, place the stuffing and close the round. Flatten slightly and shape into CHUM-CHUM.
7. Make other chum-chums in the similar way.
8. Deep fry the chum-chums in hot oil till the chum-chum becomes golden brown in color.
9. Mix sugar and water and make sugar syrup of 2 strings consistency.. Add rose water in it.
10. Put chum-chums into sugar syrup for half an hour.
11. Cut from the center and SERVE..!!
PS- If you don't have khoya, take 1/2 Cup condensed milk and add 1 Tbsp milk powder and chopped almonds and pistachios for the stuffing.
sending this to Pari, FOODELICIOUS