Children usually avoid to eat green leafy vegetables so this is my try to provide them nourishing as well as tasty snack.
|Split Green Gram Skinless |
|Fenugreek Leaves||1 Bunch|
|Boiled Potato||2 Medium|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Grated Ginger||1 tsp|
|Veg. Oil/Mustard Oil||To deep fry|
1. Clean the fenugreek leaves. Wash and chopped the leaves.
2. Soak the Moong Daal in water for a couple of hours.
3. Add them to a blender, blend it for 2-3 min. to make a batter.
4. Add chopped fenugreek leaves, chopped chillies, turmeric powder, jeera and salt.
5. Roughly mash the boiled potatoes and mix in the batter.
6. Check the salt and seasoning.
7. Heat oil in a kadahi/deep bottom pan.
8. To check its sufficient hot, drop a small portion of batter in the oil, if it sizzels and comes to the surface, oil is ready, simmer the fire.
9. Drop small portions of the batter in the oil by a spoon or with your hands.
10. Fry the pakoras/fritters.
11. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.