|Grated Carrot||1 Cup|
|Desi Ghee/Clarified Butter||1 Tbsp|
|Powdered Jaggery/Sugar|| 2 Tbsp |
(or as per taste)
|Dry Coconut/Desiccated||2 tsp|
|Rose Water||2 tsp|
|Cardamom Powder||1 tsp|
1. Wash and soak rice for 15-20 min.. Drain out the water
2. Heat ghee in pressure cooker or heavy bottom pan.
3. Fry cashews, almonds and raisins till golden brown. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Add cloves to the ghee, saute for 2 min..
5. Add grated carrot, stir well till it change the color.
6. Add cardamom powder, coconut and jaggery, mix well.
7. Add rice and 1/2 cup of water.
8. Add raisins, cashews and almonds(except few for garnishing) and rose water.
9. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook till done.
10. Garnish with fried cashews and almonds.
11. Serve hot.