This is my favorite breakfast in winters. My mother used to make these paranthas on every alternative day in winters. She makes them so perfect and round between her palms but I use plastic sheet for this. Here is the recipe.....INGREDIENTS
|Cornneal(Maize Flour)||2 Cups|
|Fenugreek Leaves||1 Bunch|
|Carom Seeds||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Oil/Butter/Desi Ghee||To shallow fry|
1. Clean the fenugreek leaves. Wash and chopped the leaves.
2. Add salt, leaves, green chillies, carom seeds, red chilli powder, coriamder leaves to the cornmeal and mix well.
3. Add warm water and knead to make soft dough.
4. Divide into six equal portions with dampened hands and shape into balls.
5. Take a plastic sheet/cling wrap, roll out each ball to make a roti between the folds of plastic sheet.
6. Heat a tawa(griddle) and place parantha on it.
7. Cook on moderate heat till one side is half done.
8. Turn over, apply some oil/butter/desi ghee.
9. Turn over and apply some more oil on the other side.
10. Cook till both sides are golden brown.
11. Serve hot with curd and butter.