Wayfare

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

CORN TIKKI


Corn is all time favorite in my house. I always love to experiment with corn. I have bookmarked this recipe from a TV show. I did some changes according to our taste. Yesterday from the super market i bought a pair of fresh corn on the cob and today tried these tikkis for the evening. They came out yummy and were finished at once. My hubby loved it a lot and said "this is a perfect winter snack"..........!!!!


INGREDIENTS
Fresh Corn On The Cob     2
Grated Paneer/Cottage Cheese     1 Cup
Dry Roasted Besan/Chickpeas Flour    4 tsp
Milk     3 tsp
Black Pepper Corn     8-10
Green Chillies     2-3
Spring Onion(chopped)     1 Tbsp
Coriander Leaves     1 Tbsp
Garlic     1/4 tsp
Ginger(grated)     2 tsp
Oil     To Deep Fry
Salt     to taste


METHOD
1.   Remove the husk and chop off the corn kernals.
2.   Grind them a little in the grinder.
3.   In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed corn kernals, grated paneer, green chillies, spring onions, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, black pepper corn, dry roasted besan and salt. Mix it very well.
4.   Add milk. Take medium sized balls out of the above mixture. Flatten it a little with fingers and shape it like tikki.
5.   Heat oil in a pan, reduce the flame, slowly drop the tikki into the hot oil.
6.  Deep fry the tikkies until golden brown in color on both the sides.
7.   Drain on absorbent paper.
8.   Serve hot with tomato ketchup.



Sending this to Priya and Aipi’s "Bookmarked recipes Vol.30" event and to Ayeesha's "Any One Can Cook Series 18"
 

16 comments:

  1. I love fried food..they are just so comforting :D Your corn tikkis look PERFECT, crispy n yumm..wish I was your neighbor :))

    Thanks a lot for linking this to bookmark event :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious combination crispy snack

    ReplyDelete
  3. innovative and pERFECT click....new here .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fun recipe never thought to use corn this way thanks so much for visiting my blog

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy and healthy tikkis, nice presentation. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow yummy tikki, first time here and u have a lovely sapce...I didn't get your recipe link for my HRH event dear....pls join in my next event and gald to follow u!

    kurinjikathambam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious corn tikki. Corn is a favorite at my home too. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tikki looks awesome. First time here and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi u have a nice blog.you can visit my blog and give ur valuable comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tikki's, never tried with corn...will try out this one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no end of learning. Now i got one more nutritious recipe for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This tikki I am asking to be made today itself at my place !! very unique recipe .

    ReplyDelete