I came to know about this "Vada" by a very dear friend of mine which she makes it with leftover dal.
Fortunately, today I found one bowl of leftover dal was sitting in my fridge. A thought of trying those Vadas came to my mind. It was definitely a wonderful way to use leftover dal. I tried it and they came out very well. Nobody was able to judge that they were vadas of leftover dal of last night. I served these Vadas as evening snack with tea and we all enjoyed a lot .....
* Any leftover dal 1 bowl
* Bread slices 3 to 4 (broken into small pieces)
* Finely chopped onion 1
* Green chilly chopped 1-2
* Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
* Coriander leaves 2 to 3 tsp (chopped)
* Salt as per taste
* Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
* Oil for deep frying
* In a mixing bowl take leftover dal. Add in the pieces of bread slices.
* Add chopped onion, Green chilly and coriander leaves, salt, red chilli powder and mix very well.
* Make small balls from this mixture. Flatten them slightly and shape into vadas.
* Heat oil in a deep bottom pan.
* Gently drop the vadas to the hot oil, fry until vadas turned golden brown in color.