Burgers are what youngsters thrive on and doctors worry upon. The western preparation is infamous as a junk food, but within soy you can give it a healthy twist and enjoy as you binge on them.
The wonders of soy have been known for ages. Soy protein is a "complete protein" because it has all the 9 essential amino acids for human nutrition and growth. Soy protein can also reduce total cholestrol level and also the heart disease and cancer.
For the Cutlets
Boiled and mashed potatoes 2 to 3
Soy Granules 1/2 cup
Grated carrot 2 Tbsp
Finely chopped capsicum 2 Tbsp
Finely chopped onion 2 Tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tsp
slices of bread/cornflour 2/2tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
* Soak soya granules for 15 mins. in lukewarm water. Squeeze out the water and keep aside.
* Combine mashed potatoes, carrot, soya granules, capsicum, onion, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder, lemon juice and salt in a mixing bowl.
* Add cornflour or slices of bread dipped in water, squeeze out the water and put in the potato mixture.
* Mix very well.
* Divide the mixture into 6 parts. Shape them into cutlets .
* Heat sufficient oil in a deep bottom pan and deep fry the cutlets to a reddish brown color.
To assemble Burgers
Round rolls of bread 6
Tomato slices 6
Butter 2 Tbsp
Tomato Ketchup one bowl
* Cut and halved the rolls.
* Spread some butter on both halves.
* On lower half of roll place onion slice, cutlet, one more onion slice, tomato and then top with the other half of the roll.
* Burgers may be toasted or grilled before serving.
* Serve with tomato ketchup and some wafers.