Uradh dal (Dhuli)
Whole Red Chilly
As per taste
For deep frying
* Wash and soak both grams for 5-6 hours.
* Coarsely grind the soaked dal in grinder with red chilly, fennel, jeera, and coriander seeds.
* Add salt and asafoetida.
* Mix very well and check the seasoning.
* Heat sufficient oil in a deep bottom pan.
* Take a medium amount of the mixture and make a vada (oblong shape) and deep fry it till it turns light brown.
* Remove from pan.
* Cut the half fried vada into finger shape or coins and again deep fry it till they turn crispy and golden brown
* Drain on absorbent paper.
* Serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Sending this to Srivall's Snacks Mela and Julie'shttp://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com/