For this week I am hopping with Kalyani of "Sizzling Tastebuds" for Blog Hop Wednesday- Week 9. She's having a wonderful blog with events, various cuisine and tasty dishes. It was really difficult to select a one.
I picked "Mirchi Bajji" from her blog as these mirchis are very much in season. And these chillies are apt for this chilling season. :)
Besan/ Chickpeas Flour
Big and Thick Green Chilli
Red Chilli Powder
Green Chilli Finely Chopped
Roasted and Crushed Fennel Seeds
Paneer/ Cottage Cheese
For Deep Frying
As Per Taste
* Wash and pat dry the chillies.
* Slit them in lengthwise and discard the seeds.
* Keep aside.
* Mash the boiled potatoes with grated paneer.
* Add in salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, dhania powder, green chilly, red chilly powder, amchur powder,
fresh coriander leaves, hing, fennel powder and garam masla. Mix very well. Check the seasoning.
* Fill the mixture in Mirchi properly and keep them aside.
* Mix besan, and rice flour.
* Add salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1/8 red chilli powder and mix very well.
* Add water to make thick paste.
* Heat sufficient oil/Mustard oil in a deep fry pan.
* Dip the stuffed mirchi in besan batter and fry in hot oil on low flame till they turn crispy from both sides.
* Prepare other mirchi pakodas in the same manner.
* Serve hot with green and tamarind chutney and a cup of tea.
Sending this to Radhika for Winter Carnival