I watched this kofta curry on a Cookery TV Show & it has been in my mind since so long. Yesterday, when my cousin & her family visited our place after a long time, I prepared this curry for dinner. It came out very tasty.....
Grated Paneer/Cottage cheese 1 bowl
Cashew Powder 2 spoons
Bay Leaf 1
Cornflour/Maida 3 spoons
Curd 2 spoons
Cream 1/2 bowl
Cinnamon 1 small stick
Saffron 1/4 tsp
White Pepper Powder 1/4 tsp
Finely Chopped Pistachio 1 spoon
Finely Chopped Almonds 1 spoon
Oil For Deep Frying + 1 tbsp
Salt As per taste
* In a bowl combine grated paneer, salt, cornflour/Maida and white pepper powder.
* Mix very well.
* Make lemon size balls out of the mixture. Flatten each ball and stuff it with chopped pistachios and almonds.
* Close the balls neatly.
* Heat sufficient oil in a deep bottom pan and deep fry the koftas.
* Now, In another pan heat 1 tbsp of oil, add bay-leaf , cloves, cinnamon and saute for a minute.
* Add ginger garlic paste saute it for two minutes or until the raw smell goes out.
* Add curd, cream, saffron (diluted in milk), salt, white pepper powder and cashew powder. Stir.
* Cook the gravy until it gets thickens. Switch off the fire.