Wayfare

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Balushahi- For Blog Hop Wednesday

Time for Blog Hop Wednesday. This week my partner is Saraswati of Saras's Kitchen. I picked Balushahis recipe from her blog because from the past few days my husband has been asking for home made Balushahis. When I was going through Sarawati's blog for Blog Hop, Balushahi's recipe appealed me to surprise my hubby. I tried her recipe with some modification and it was a hit. My hubby enjoyed alot which made me so happy.


Ingredients

APF
    250 gm
Baking Powder
    1/4 tsp
Cooking Soda
    a pinch
Curd
    100 gm
Desi Ghee
    50 gm
Sugar
    1 Cup
OIl
    For Deep Frying


Method
1.  Mix APF, baking powder, cooking soda in a bowl.
2.  Add ghee and rub it with your fingers to make it crumble.
3.  Add curd and mix the dough very gently. Do not knead very much.
4.  Rest it for twenty min.
5.  Make small balls out of the mixture. Make a dent in the center of the ball by using thumb.
6.  Heat oil and fry these balls on low flame till it turns brown in color form both sides.
7.  Prepare sugar syrup of one string consistency. Add lime juice to it.
8.  Dip the balls in sugar syrup for thirty min..
9.  Remove the Balushahis from syrup. Transfer them on a serving plate. Garnish with chopped pistachios and cardamon powder and Serve...!!





Sending this to Khushi's My Diwali My way Event

36 comments:

  1. looks tempting.. love to try this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tempting badushahi, makes me drool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balushahi's r my fav...simply love this mithai..n this looks simple..so bookmarked!..thnx for this wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing with that sweet :D. Its my fav !!
    and very tempting recipe.. bookmarking this and happy to run the Blog Hop with you !

    Cheers
    Kalyani
    Join me in a 100-day Global Food Festival here

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously drooling here....looks really delicious dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. bookmarked right away..now I have the courage to try this...thanks dear..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely sweet! It looks very delicious and gobbleworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never forget to make this for any special occasion, your pictures are tempting me to make it now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow my mouth is watering at the sight of this - looks so yummy!

    Cheers,
    Priya
    Do check out my blog anniversary giveaways dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Balushahi looks mouthwatering!! thanks for the comment on my blog Deeksha:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is my fav sweet and looks well done !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't belive that such a special mithai could have been made so well at home. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious and thanks for trying out..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so simple recipe.. Never knew it can b done so quickly.. Lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, so nicely done, I love balushahis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. a new sweet to me, look so delicious n yum..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love balushahi n your pics are tempting me way too much ~ great work!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious treat perfect for the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow wonderful and delicious recipe,luks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks yummy!!!want to try out for diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks guys for all these lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delicious.. looks tempting.. wud lov to try this

    ReplyDelete
  23. so so tempting ones.. u hv made these wonderfully..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tempting & royal balushahi!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so delicious. I shall try it out for Diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Deeksha,in TN it is called Badhusha and it luks so yumm and mouth-watering dear.The recipe is supergood.Thanks for sharing and dropping in at my space dear.Luv ur recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Deeksha balushai in my home are always store brought but now I will give it a try... you make it easy and tempting!
    Happy Navratri!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A perfect festive food for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  29. one of my fav...
    looks perfect and delicious dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Y'day i went through this recipe and tried also. It tunred delicious, superb on looks also. Thanks a lot. My husband loved it.

    ReplyDelete